VoodooChilli.net - Free online portfolio

It's free and takes only a moment!

Registered artists sign in here

Forum - The Blackened Voodoo Pub

Jump to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last

Keri Mills at 07:23 27.01.2008

222 messages posted
United States of America

Thank God for the 24/7 bars otherwise those of us keeping funky "vampire" hours would have no one to talk to. But then again since I keep these funky hours I am used to talking to myself. Smile

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 07:32 27.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

Yeah, it's funny. I do art all day. It is for folks that have their own ideas. So I make stuff for them. Then when I get "off work" I want to draw for fun. People will talk about not being able to work and then be creative. I find myself at work building up creative ideas and just itching like crazy to go home and make them happen. Heh.
I am drinking Yuengling Lager and sketching in the wee hours!
I love talking about all kinds of things, but art is one of my favorites. We as artists are sort of linguists too. we develop languages to portray our ideas. Luckily we all speak similar languages, so we can talk rationally bout what we do. Sometimes non-artist folks just kind of shrug and say, "well, that's art for ya" Not us. We all have crazy mad translators going to try and figure out each others visual dialogs.

Quote This Message

Keri Mills at 07:40 27.01.2008

222 messages posted
United States of America

He he! And dont we just try and apply it to other things too. I love music lyrics, and am always trying to figure out what they are saying or meaning. But yeah visual dialogue is awesome. Though I tend to read into it with my own baggage. Maybe we all do?

Quote This Message

Keri Mills at 07:45 27.01.2008

222 messages posted
United States of America

So what are you drawing/doodling now? I am trying to right a statement for my Red Light Series. I am not the best at writing... guess that is why I prefer the visual realm. Damn those people good at both. Smile I think I need to hire a writer, who will work for cheap... peanuts maybe? Probably wont write very well then. he he.

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 07:59 27.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

I left a message over on the forum about the Wacom...
'splains a lot about what I am doing. Heh! I am lucky I married a writer!!!

Quote This Message

Keri Mills at 08:05 27.01.2008

222 messages posted
United States of America

Totally, my husband is a musician. He can write (was an English major), but always wants me to write my own stuff. Says I can do it when I think about it. No easy way out with him! Smile

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 08:19 27.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

I like to write but she doe it better than I do. and she would rather do it. SO I win!!!

Quote This Message

Keri Mills at 08:29 27.01.2008

222 messages posted
United States of America

Forgive me, but that is so like a man to say that, "I win". hehe Smile

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 08:40 27.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

true enough, but were the shoe on the other foot she'd say.. I win.. we are equals and it is al right!!!

Quote This Message

Georgia Hurst at 10:55 27.01.2008

1500 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (2816) What's this?

Seems Ive entered the pub at the wrong time again, nobody about. ITs alright having these pubs open 24 7 but no good if their aint anyone to chat to. I appear to be talking to myself again, but thats not unusual.
Ill try and get in later for a quicky, after I have dismantled an exhibition for a friend.

Quote This Message

Jump to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last