Forum - The Blackened Voodoo Pub

Jump to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last

The Blackened Voodoo Pub

Posted by Joseph Draye at 01:08 22.11.2007
1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1150) What's this?

Talk about anything that pops into your mind in here, over a nice cold beverage(or hot, if you prefer). Sports(American and everyone else, lol), work or play. Anything but art. And keep it civil, folks, or Marcus, that 300 lb. gent standing by the door will have to ask you to leave. Have fun.

Quote This Message

Harry O'Connor at 12:07 22.11.2007

1929 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist Community Donor (4681) What's this?

Ok, sounds interesting. Err.. dont know what to say now Smile

Been ill lately, but making a recovery now thank god. Err.. I like playing computer games on my xbox 360 online but the only game I ever win on is track and field from 1983. Did you know that the game Pong was invented in 1958 and had to be ran on a main frame at a science institute?

Thats the sort of rubbish I talk about in the pub, while still semi-lucid.

What about you, whats your story?

Quote This Message

Keith Browning at 21:38 22.11.2007

183 messages posted
United States of America

I used to play a lot more video games than I do now. I guess just too much going on. That and the fact that for a while it seemed that I couldn't keep up with the technology (much like my computer usage). I have entirely too many hobbies as it is. Guitar, photography, art (used to be a profession), reading, movies, woodcarving. It doesn't take much for something to catch my attention, the problem is holding it. Uh...Guinness please.

Quote This Message

Harry O'Connor at 21:59 22.11.2007

1929 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist Community Donor (4681) What's this?

I am actually drinking a nice pint (can) of Grolsch beer. Nice and chilled! This is cheaper than most pubs. Doesn't quite have the same atmosphere but hey!

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 12:44 23.11.2007

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member

I haven't played Vgames in a while, when I did it was usually Madden. I'll have a Guinness with Keith.

Yea, the aura isn't the same, but the hangovers are less painful. Just joined last week, I'll be here sparsely for a few weeks, as it is my busiest time of the year, workwise. I wont even get much time to drink real beer, let alone virtual. Weep.

Quote This Message

Keith Browning at 22:39 23.11.2007

183 messages posted
United States of America

Well, since I am still sort of immobilized all I am doing right now is three nights a week working in a bar taking money at the door and checking ID's. I just sit on a stool at the door all night. It's about all I can do since I'm still not putting any weight on my foot. But hey, it gets me out of the house and puts a little money in my pocket and I get a few free beers at the end of the night. Better than nothing.

Quote This Message

Art Winstanley at 18:58 24.11.2007

442 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1834) What's this?

so i'm out in a small boat last weekend (a little racing dinghy called a laser) practicing for a regatta i've entered next month. the wind is about 20 knots, there's only a light chop and i've got her close hauled and heeled up, runnin' like a madman. now, i saw the big powerboat coming parellel to me from the other direction, no danger of collision but his wake hit me broadside and splash, we capsize. no worries, swim around the boat, stand on the centerboard and the your weight rights the boat. i swim 'round, no centerboard! (this is when i think it might have been better to stay ashore and have that guiness). anyway, i look over the boat and floating about twenty yards away is my centerboad. well now i'm thinking, how do i swim for the centerboard without the boat drifting away in the other direction? i fish out a length of line (aka rope) from my main sheet, loop it, one end to the boat the other 'round me waist, then off i go, all the while thinking "wilson, wilson" (from the tom hanks movie, castaway). in the end it all worked out alright. i caught the centerboard, righted the boat and got back to shore where there were two guiness' waiting for me.

Quote This Message

Keith Browning at 00:33 25.11.2007

183 messages posted
United States of America

Wow, a lot more interesting than my latest adventure. Last night some drunk girl was in the bar showing her boobs. wooohoo....I really need to get out more.

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 00:42 25.11.2007

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member

I got some fiberglass in my eye at work, so you both have me beat.

Quote This Message

Art Winstanley at 16:12 25.11.2007

442 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1834) What's this?

. . .just another day in paradox.

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 03:33 30.11.2007

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member

My eyesight is getting better, don't even need sunglasses to look at my monitor. lol Can't wait to have a slug of whiskey and get them blurry again.

Quote This Message

Jump to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last