Pro Member of the Day

Harry O'Connor

Click here to view

Forum - Went into Business

Went into Business

Posted by Keri Mills at 05:32 09.12.2011
222 messages posted
United States of America

Hello everyone! I have been off for wuite awhile. I lost my job a few years back. After working in Barnes and Noble for a couple of years and cleaning houses part-time, I finally decided to do it. I am putting my hard earned degree to use, by going into business for myself. I am now a photographer/artist for hire. Working for myself!!! Yeah! So when I am not shooting for a client, I am working on my art. It is so exciting.

I am so thankful to voodooChilli for all your support and encouragement! Thanks also to Harry O'Connor as you inspired me with this site and many posts on this forum.

For all new artists go for it! Keep working, never stop trying. When the hard times come, roll with the punches, get back up and try again. There is no success without failure!

Quote This Message

Harry O'Connor at 10:17 13.12.2011

1926 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist Community Donor (4651) What's this?

Excellent news and congratulations on your decision! You seem a determined person, and I believe this is one of the most needed qualities when running your own business.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes!

What a nice post, thank you for sharing it! Smile

Quote This Message

Terry Cipelletti at 23:12 04.01.2012

4 messages posted
Canada
Quoting Keri Mills
Hello everyone! I have been off for wuite awhile. I lost my job a few years back. After working in Barnes and Noble for a couple of years and cleaning houses part-time, I finally decided to do it. I am putting my hard earned degree to use, by going into business for myself. I am now a photographer/artist for hire. Working for myself!!! Yeah! So when I am not shooting for a client, I am working on my art. It is so exciting.

I am so thankful to voodooChilli for all your support and encouragement! Thanks also to Harry O'Connor as you inspired me with this site and many posts on this forum.

For all new artists go for it! Keep working, never stop trying. When the hard times come, roll with the punches, get back up and try again. There is no success without failure!

Bravo Keri!

Quote This Message

Keri Mills at 15:28 05.01.2012

222 messages posted
United States of America
Quoting Terry Cipelletti
Bravo Keri!

Thanks Terry. I went to look at your work to reintroduce myself to it. I really like the Young Man portrait, as the texture of his skin reminds me of Degas. I am glad to be back and active with art and other artists. There is no better job than that of an artist.

Quote This Message

Georgia Hurst at 08:02 08.03.2012

1500 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (2816) What's this?
Quoting Keri Mills

A very well written post...hitting on most important points...
It is not an 'easy' option being self employed...its very hard going ,especially in this economic climate.

Well done Keri I wish you all the best for your future adventure with all the ups and downs it brings

You sound as though you have your head screwed on right you should do well. I really like your work..Smile

Quote This Message