Pro Member of the Day

Anita Thomas

Click here to view

Forum - The Blackened Voodoo Pub

Jump to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last

Franklin Ayers at 19:50 25.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

Sounds good to me Joseph. There is a Scotch Whiskey called Auchentoshan. It's a single malt that is absolutely great. Smooth and easy to drink.

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 20:23 25.01.2008

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1150) What's this?

"Probably have a few more so I better not leave too many messages tonight! More than once I have quickly gone into the database the next morning and quietly deleted a post or two that I regretted! Smile" - Harry

Well, if you can't make a fool of yourself on the net, where can you? lol

I'm a bourbon man, myself. I'll drink scotch on occasion, but it's really gotta be good, to go past one shot.

Quote This Message

Art Winstanley at 20:57 25.01.2008

442 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1829) What's this?

a mad rush of projects headed my way last wednesday and only this morning did i put the last of them to bed. it's been an afternoon of banking, post office, buying flowers for my girl and grocery shopping.

but i was good today and just now (3:45 est) cracked my first cold one. although i'll admit that on a slow weekend at noon i've been know to say, "you know, it's 5pm in hereford" and get an early start.

Quote This Message

Georgia Hurst at 21:04 25.01.2008

1500 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (2816) What's this?

Thats a clever idea ill have to remember that one Art when I need an excuse.
I do usually wait until the sun has gone over the yard arm before I crack open a bottle But I could pretend to be somewhere else in the world.

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 21:30 25.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

It's great hanging here with creatives from around the globe chatting about life, politics, and art... among other things. There are threads about the climate, politics, music, movies, and books. All that could end up here as well. Those are the kinds of things that people talk about while drinking. I am going to focus using this place for any discussion not art related from now on.
I gotta say Joseph. You did an excellent job coming up with a name. If there were a Blackened Voodoo Pub in my town I'd want to go in and check it out.
Also, on the whiskey front... I usually go for something like the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel,. I have always steered clear of Scotch. I was at an Irish pub and asked the barkeep to give me a good shot of Irish Whiskey. He recommended the Auchentoshan instead, so I gave it a go. It wasn't harsh like all the others I have tried. Can't stomach Dewars. Anyhow...
Do they serve skewered blackened shrimp over rice here?

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 21:44 25.01.2008

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member

Actually, it wasn't as creative as you think, coming up with the name. I'm from New Orleans, and Jax brewery(the local) came out with a beer named Blackened Voodoo(had a witch or something on the label)back in the 80's. The stuff was a God-awful dark lager(a step below Milwaukee's Best, if that's possible)swill. They may still make and sell it, somewhere on Earth. I'm guessing the Ukraine.

Anyway, it sounded better than the Voodoo Hoodoo Lounge or Chilli Willie's Place.

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 21:47 25.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

Ahhh I think I remember that stuff the company had a line of beers that were almost all bad... back when everyone was starting a micro brewery. Well I like the name any way.
Have a good one.

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 22:35 25.01.2008

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member

Yea, the locals used to joke "It's the water!" ......from the Mississippi!lol

Quote This Message

Franklin Ayers at 04:09 26.01.2008

1294 messages posted
United States of America

Heh... I could see that!
Saw Cloverfield tonight. If you saw Blair Witch and any Godzilla movie, just imagine merging them and you get Cloverfield. Not so good. We should have opted for "There Will be Blood" or "Michael Clayton" or whatever that George Clooney movie is called. Oh well, next time.

Quote This Message

Joseph Draye at 05:28 26.01.2008

1000 messages posted
United States of America
Pro Artist Member

I was gonna see that, at least on DVD. Thanks for saving me some money. I would have opted for I Am Legend or No Country for Old Men, myself.

Quote This Message

Jump to Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last