Registered artists sign in here

Forum - I had a dream

Jump to Page: 1 2

I had a dream

Posted by Harry O'Connor at 06:56 17.05.2011
1929 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist Community Donor (4681) What's this?

I had a weird dream this morning in which I was drawing with charcoal and pastels. I realised in the dream that I miss the creative outlet of sketching for the sake of it. In the dream I woke up and was in bed drawing everywhere and I got charcoal all over the room and the bed! some of the sketches were really quite remarkable. It was one of those moments when you thought you are really awake. When I eventually really woke up it was clear to me I need to get drawing again. I'm off to buy some art materials! Listen to your subconscious!

Quote This Message

Samuel Pourasghar at 11:38 19.05.2011

407 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1592) What's this?

Yeah! Get messy in bed with charcoal. I dreamed that I was in the x files, but charcoal, chalk, erasers, quink and bleach make for some fun arty combinations.

Quote This Message

Harry O'Connor at 14:22 19.05.2011

1929 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Quoting Samuel Pourasghar
Yeah! Get messy in bed with charcoal. I dreamed that I was in the x files, but charcoal, chalk, erasers, quink and bleach make for some fun arty combinations.

LOL

The Charcoal arrived today! Only problem is the sketch pad I have is a bit too thin paper wise. Think I'll try some pencil sketches first and work my way up.

Quote This Message

michel landry at 18:59 19.05.2011

29 messages posted
Canada
Pro Artist Member
Pro Artist (1126) What's this?

You had a wonderful dream, really inspiring. I will try to make it alive in my own life.

Quote This Message

Samuel Pourasghar at 12:30 20.05.2011

407 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member

Yeah, the paper needs a thickness to it to withstand the working into it and erasing and smudging. By nature I'm not a messy person, preferring pen and ink tidy drawing to getting all Jackson Pollock, but I always loved playing with charcoal.

Quote This Message

Harry O'Connor at 12:45 25.05.2011

1929 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member

Wow I am so bad at drawing now! Amazing how much you forget!

I ordered some nice ink (Rotring make) pens but man, I am finding it hard!

I will upload something soon!

Quote This Message

Sarah Huska at 02:55 26.05.2011

159 messages posted
United States of America
Quoting Harry O'Connor
Wow I am so bad at drawing now! Amazing how much you forget!

I ordered some nice ink (Rotring make) pens but man, I am finding it hard!

I will upload something soon!

Hi, I'm back! And as a pen and ink gal...I confess I strictly use Sharpies. Tried the "fancy stuff", but it never felt right! I warp so many tips with all my dots, that I find Sharpie withstands the abuse well, no leaks, and cheap to replace when they finally die on me!

As for charcoal fun....it always ends up everywhere else than on the paper (clothes, face, carpet, cat...lol). But it is fun to experiment and break away from our favorites at times Smile

Quote This Message

Samuel Pourasghar at 14:56 26.05.2011

407 messages posted
United Kingdom
Pro Artist Member
Quoting Sarah Huska
Hi, I'm back! And as a pen and ink gal...I confess I strictly use Sharpies. Tried the "fancy stuff", but it never felt right! I warp so many tips with all my dots, that I find Sharpie withstands the abuse well, no leaks, and cheap to replace when they finally die on me!

As for charcoal fun....it always ends up everywhere else than on the paper (clothes, face, carpet, cat...lol). But it is fun to experiment and break away from our favorites at times :)

I like sharpies, but my drawing style does regress to that of a child's.

Quote This Message

Sarah Huska at 01:59 28.05.2011

159 messages posted
United States of America
Quoting Samuel Pourasghar
I like sharpies, but my drawing style does regress to that of a child's.

Sometime regression is a good thing Smile

Quote This Message

Liz Zook at 13:52 02.06.2011

159 messages posted
United States of America

I love this dream of yours Harry!
I wish I had more like it.

Quote This Message

Joshua Talada at 18:43 06.12.2013

5 messages posted
United States of America

I love your dream too, I have had dreams similar to this. I find it funny about our brains that I can draw some amazing things in my sleep but I cannot read or write. Gotta be a left brain right brain thing. Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Quote This Message

Jump to Page: 1 2